Friday, January 11, 2008

Week 8: Online Applications & Tools

#18. Online applications & tools:

ZohoWriter - web-based word processing tool; write, share, collaborate
Google Docs - author & publish posts to blog
librarything - create a library-quality catalog of books and connect to people who share those books

I made an online account with ZohoWriter and saw that it was very easy to use with normal functions such as using bold, italics, and other common word processing functions. It could be very helpful to have a web-based word processing tool to use in document collaboration with others. For example, I recently, scanned in a document and then penciled in some changes before I sent to a professor, but if we both had a Zoho Writer account, we could have worked collaboratively online.

#19. I liked Library Thing. I will probably go back to find suggestions of what to read next. I created a Library Thing account, and I started with one author: Dick Francis. I posted at: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php
My books had postings from several hundred others, and I found some ideas for what to read next!

No comments: